This is not just a worldwide famous dish, it is also the favorite of many; yes, there are tons of people madly in love with pizza, including myself.
Fun fact: “The largest pizza ever made was 122 ft. 8 inches in diameter. The pizza needed 9,920 lb of flour, 198 lb of salt, 3968 lb of cheese, and 1,984 lb of tomato puree”.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that because we are not going to use regular pizza dough to make these cups, they are really easy and fast to make. Also this is a fun and different way to present a classic; take them to any potluck and everybody is going to adore you. Bring along some side sauces or crushed red pepper for people to add to their pizza cups.
- 6 flour tortillas, large
- 2 cups of pizza sauce
- 4 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 strips of bacon, sliced
- 3 tbsp of butter, melted
- Slice the bacon strips into tiny pieces and cook them in a pan over medium heat until crispy, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° C.
- Cut a piece of tortilla into a cross shape. You should end up with about four crosses from each tortilla.
- Take a regular size muffin tin and place a single tortilla cross inside.
- Pour 1 tbsp of pizza sauce into each tortilla cup.
- Add 2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce. If you’re making them with just cheese, add an extra tbsp.
- Sprinkle some of the crispy bacon on top of your cheese. Instead of bacon you can use any other topping you prefer: ham, pepperoni, sausage, onions, etc.
- Brush melted butter on the sides of each tortilla cup, just along the edge of the pan to prevent any stick as it rises in the oven.
- Bake your pizza cups for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
We know you love a good recipe! We’ve got plenty more where that came from!